Day 01: Arrival at Kochi Airport
Representatives from SAAM’s will receive you from the airport and transfer you to an associated hotel in Kochi. Once settled, we will arrange for you to visit Cherai Beach on Vypeen Island. Wandering through the streets of Fort Kochi is highly recommended. When doing so, make sure you visit the Jewish Town and the Mattancherry Synagogue. Other places worth visiting include the Chinese Fishing Nets and the Elephant Camp. The Chinese Fishing Nets or Cheena Vala are giant gracefully constructed structures that have been used to catch fish since they were introduced by Portuguese settlers from Macau. Today they are frequented by tourists from all over the world as the sight of them along the coast makes for a picture perfect view of the Arabian Sea.
Day 02 and 03: Early morning coastal drive to Alleppey (Travel Time: 90-120 min.)
Climb on board the SAAM’s Ultra Luxury Houseboat once you reach Alleppey and set off on a relaxing cruise through the emerald waterways.
Stay aboard the ship for two nights of recluse and disembark at Kumarakom in Kottayam District. Lunch followed by a stroll along the shores of Lake Vembanadu is highly recommened.
Day 04 and 05: Drive to Munnar in Idukki District after breakfast on Day 4 (Travel Time: 210-240 min.)
Stop by at Thommankuthu Waterfalls en-route to Idukki.
For the next two nights, SAAM’s will arrange for you to stay at an associated resort in Munnar; a pretty hill-station nestled amongst the Western Ghats. The name Munnar is thought to be a derivation of the words ‘Three Rivers’ as the rivers Madhurappuzha, Kundali and Nallathanni all meet in Munnar. A day trip to Anamuddi Peak and the Powerhouse Waterfalls can be arranged on request. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is another spot worth visiting.
Day 06 and 07: Early Morning drive to Chimmini or Peechi-Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuaries, both in Thrissur (Travel Time: ~300 min.)
Stop by at the Athirapally and Vazhachal Waterfalls en-route to Thrissur.
We will then arrange for you to stay the next two nights at either Peechi or Chimmini Wildlife Sanctuary. Visit the Peechi Reservoir and Chimmini Dam while in Thrissur.
Day 08: Drive to Malapurram on the morning of Day 8 (Travel Time: 180-200 min.)
SAAM’s will put you up for the night at a company associated hotel on Malapurram’s coast. Make sure you visit Elambalai Hill and Port Beypore (time permitting). The Nilambur Kovilakom, Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary and Kozhikode Beach are worth paying a visit to as well.
Day 09: Departure
Depart from Calicut Airport
Districts: Ernakulam, Alappuzzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malapurram
- Elephant Camp (Ernakulam)
- Jew Town (Ernakulam)
- Chinese Fishing Nets (Ernakulam)
- Fort Kochi Beach (Ernakulam)
- Cherai Beach (Ernakulam)
- Vypin Island (Ernakulam)
- Alleppey Backwaters (Alappuzha)
- Vembanad Lake (Alappuzzha)
- East Shore of Vembanad Lake (Kottayam)
- Aruvikkuzhi Water Cascades (Kottayam)
- Kumarakom Back Waters (Kottayam)
- Munnar Hillstation (Idukki)
- Anamuddi Peak (Idukki)
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Idukki and Eravikulam Nat. Parks (Idukki)
- Spice Gardens (Kumily, Idukki)
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Thommankuthu and Power House Waterfalls (Idukki)
- Idukki Dam (Idukki)
- Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary (Peechi, Thrissur)
- Chimmony Wildlife Sanctuary and Dam (Mukundapuram Taluk, Thrissur)
- Athripally andVazhachal Waterfalls (Thrissur)
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary (Chittur Taluk, Palakkad)
- Silent Valley National Park (Mannarkkad, Palakkad)
- Nelliyampathy (Nemmara Town, Near Palakkad)
- Malampuzha Dam (10 km from Palakad town, Palakkad)
- Attapady Village (Palakkad)
- Malappuram beaches (Malappuram)
- Historic Kovilakoms (Nilambur, Malappuram)