Day 01 and 02: Arrival at Calicut Airport and then drive to Wayanad (Travel Time: 170-200 min.)
Representatives from SAAM’s will receive you from the airport and transfer you to your accomodation in Wayanad. Stop at Beypore en-route to your hotel.
Stay two nights in Wayanad. Nestled between massive tracts of tea and coffee plantations, experience walking amidst the clouds at SAAM’s Serviced Villas. Explore the abundant flora and fauna found in Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary and visit Sulthan Bathery and Chembura Peak if you have the time. The name Sulthan Bathery comes from the time when Tipu Sultan used an abandoned Jain temple as a battery for his troops. The 10,000-year-old pictorial writings found in the Edakkal Caves are also worth a trip. For those looking for a quaint picnic spot, Lake Pookot lies in the vicinity.
Day 03 and 04: Drive to Kuruvadweep (Travel Time: 60-80 min.)
SAAM’s will arrange for you to stay near Kuruvadweep for two days at a company affiliated resort and can organise expeditions to the surrounding areas. Kuruvadweep is known for its biodiversity and as a result, various species of birds and flowers can be found in the dense evergreen forest that populates the island. The Banasura sagar Dam is a must see along with the Kabini Water Reservoir both of which lie in the vicinity. Kakkayam Dam and Malabar Wildlife Sanctuary are also worth paying a visit to.
Day 05 and 06: Drive to Kannur after breakfast (Travel Time: 160-200 min.)
Stop by at Mahe, a small French town, en-route to Kannur.
SAAM’s will arrange for your stay at an associated resort around Payyanur Beach in Kannur for two nights. Kannur is said to be a literal translation of the words ‘Land of Lord Krisha’ and is famous for its handloom industries and artwork inspired by local folklore. En-route to Payyanur, drive up the lovely coastal road and stop at any beach that catches your eye to see the sun set over the Arabian Sea. Some of the beaches include Kizhuna Ezhara Beach, Etikullam Beach and Thalaserry Beach. Other places recommended to be worth visiting include Dharmadam Island and St. Angelo’s Fort.
Day 07 and 08: Early Morning drive to Nileswaram in District Kasaragod (60-90 min.)
Make a pit stop at Mattul Beach.
Once in Kasaragod, board SAAMs’ Eco-boat and stay two nights on-board. Enjoy the scenic beauty that Nileshwaram has to offer and succumb to the pampering provided by the staff on board.
Spend the next morning exploring Valiyaparamba Island. The island is fed by four rivers and provides you with an enchanting view of the Arabian Sea. Drive to and depart from Mangalore Airport (60-90 min.) by the evening.
Districts: Malapurram, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod
- Malappuram beaches (Malappuram)
- Historic Kovilakoms (Nilambur, Malappuram)
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary (ChitturTaluk, Palakkad)
- Silent Valley National Park (Mannarkkad, Palakkad)
- Nelliyampathy Hillstation (Nemmara Town, Near Palakkad)
- Malampuzha Dam (10 km from Palakad town, Palakkad)
- Attapady Village (Palakkad)
- Beypore Beach (Kozhikode)
- Beypore Lighthouse (Kozhikode)
- Pulimattu Bridge (Beypore, Kozhikode)
- Tea/Coffee Gardens (Rippon, Wayanad)
- Chembara Peak (Meppady Town, Wayanad)
- Boating at Banasura Sagar Earth Dam (21 km from Kalpetta, Wayanad)
- Kuruvdweep (17km from Mananthavady town, Wayanad)
- Boating at Pookot Lake (Wayanad)
- Wayanad Wildlife Reserve (Wayanad)
- Muzhappilangad Drive-in Beach (Kannur)
- Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary (Aralam, Kannur)
- Dharmadam Island (Thalassery, Kannur)
- St Angelo Fort (Kannur)
- Thalaserry Fort (Kannur)
- Kizhuna Ezhara Beach (Kannur)
- Bekal Fort Beach (Kasaragod)
- Backwater Cruise + Fishing (Nileshwaram, Kasaragod)
- Veliyaparambha Backwaters (46 km from Kasaragod Station, Kasaragod)
Please set "Project main image" option