Day 01 and 02: Arrival at Calicut Airport and then drive to Wayanad (Travel Time: 170-200 min.)
Company representatives will receive you from the airport and transfer you to a SAAM’s Serviced Villa in Wayanad. Stop by at Beypore en-route to your accommodation.
Stay two nights in the midst of massive plantations in misty Wayanad where you quite literally walk amongst the clouds. For nature lovers, you can find an abundance of flora and fauna in Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary and Chembura Peak. Sulthan Bathery is a place of historical significance and is worth visiting (time permitting). The name Sulthan Bathery comes from the time when Tipu Sultan used an abandoned Jain temple as a battery for his troops. The 10,000-year-old pictorial writings found in the Edakkal Caves are also worth the trip. For those looking for a quaint picnic spot, Lake Pookot lies in the vicinity.
Day 03 and 04: Drive to Kuruvadweep (Travel Time: 60-80 min.)
Stay near Kuruvadweep for two days at a SAAM’s affiliated resort explore the surroundings. Various species of birds and flowers can be spotted in the dense evergreen forest found on Kuruvadweep. The Kakkayam Dam and Malabar Wildlife Sanctuary are worth looking into for a day trip. The Banasurasagar Dam is a must see along with the Kabini Water Reservoir both of which lie in the vicinity.
Day 05: Drive to Kannur after breakfast (Travel Time: 160-200 min.)
Stop by at Mahe, a small French town, en-route to Kannur.
SAAM’s will arrange for your stay at an associated resort around Payyanur Beach in Kannur for two nights. Kannur is said to be a literal translation of the words ‘Land of Lord Krisha’ and is famous for its hand loom industries and artwork inspired by local folklore. En-route to Payyanur, drive up the lovely coastal road and stop at any beach that you fancy to observe the sun setting over the Arabian Sea. Some of the famous beaches include Kizhuna Ezhara Beach, Etikullam Beach and Thalaserry Beach. Other places recommended to be worth the visit include Dharmadam Island and St. Angelo’s Fort.
Day 06,07 and 08: Early Morning drive to Nileshwaram (60-90 min.)
Make a pit stop at Mattul Beach.
After reaching Nileshwaram, board SAAMs’ Eco-boat and stay on-board the boat for the duration of Day’s 6 and 7. Enjoy the scenic beauty that Nileshwaram has to offer and succumb to the pampering provided by the staff on board.
SAAM’s will then arrange for you to stay on/close to Valiyaparamba Island on Day 8. The island is fed by four rivers and presents you with a glorious panoramic view of the Arabian Sea.
Drive to and depart from Mangalore Airport (60-90 min.) by the evening.
Districts: Malapurram, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod
- Malappuram beaches (Malappuram)
- Historic Kovilakoms (Nilambur, Malappuram)
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary (ChitturTaluk, Palakkad)
- Silent Valley National Park (Mannarkkad, Palakkad)
- Nelliyampathy Hillstation (Nemmara Town, Near Palakkad)
- Malampuzha Dam (10 km from Palakad town, Palakkad)
- Attapady Village (Palakkad)
- Beypore Beach (Kozhikode)
- Beypore Lighthouse (Kozhikode)
- Pulimattu Bridge (Beypore, Kozhikode)
- Tea/Coffee Gardens (Rippon, Wayanad)
- Chembara Peak (Meppady Town, Wayanad)
- Boating at Banasura Sagar Earth Dam (21 km from Kalpetta, Wayanad)
- Kuruvdweep (17km from Mananthavady town, Wayanad)
- Boating at Pookot Lake (Wayanad)
- Wayanad Wildlife Reserve (Wayanad)
- Muzhappilangad Drive-in Beach (Kannur)
- Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary (Aralam, Kannur)
- Dharmadam Island (Thalassery, Kannur)
- St Angelo Fort (Kannur)
- Thalaserry Fort (Kannur)
- Kizhuna Ezhara Beach (Kannur)
- Bekal Fort Beach (Kasaragod)
- Backwater Cruise + Fishing (Nileshwaram, Kasaragod)
- Veliyaparambha Backwaters (46 km from Kasaragod Station, Kasaragod)
Please set "Project main image" option