Day 01, 02 and 03: Arrival at Mangalore Airport and then drive to Nileshwaram in District Kasaragod (Travel Time: 60-90 min.)
Representatives from SAAM’s will receive you from the airport and transfer you to SAAMs’ Eco-boat in Nileshwaram. Stay on-board the boat for the first two days. Enjoy the scenic beauty that Nileshwaram has to offer while cruising along the backwaters in the lap of luxury.
SAAM’s will then arrange for you to stay on/close to Valiyaparamba Island on Day 3. The island is fed by four rivers and greets you with an enchanting view of the Arabian Sea.
Day 04: Drive to Kannur after breakfast (Travel Time: 60-90 min.)
Spend the next two nights at a SAAM’s associated resort near Payyanur Beach in Kannur. Kannur is said to be a literal translation of the words ‘Land of Lord Krisha’ and is famous for its hand loom industries and folklore inspired artwork . En-route to Payyanur, drive up the coastal road and stop at any of the beaches in order to watch the sun set over the Arabian Sea. Some of the beaches include Kizhuna Ezhara Beach, Etikullam Beach and Thalaserry Beach. Other places recommended to be worth the visit include Dharmadam Island and St. Angelo’s Fort.
Day 05 and 06: Drive to Kuruvadweep (Travel Time: 160-200 min.)
Stay near Kuruvadweep for two days at a SAAM’s associated resort and explore the surrounding areas. Several varieties of birds and flowers can be found in the dense evergreen forest found on Kuruvadweep. Banasurasagar Dam is a must see along with the Kabini Water Reservoir. Kakkayam Dam and Malabar Wildlife Sanctuary are also worth looking into for day-trips.
Day 07 and 08: Drive to Wayanad (Travel Time: 60-80 min.)
Stay two nights in Wayanad and walk amongst the clouds whilst nestled between massive tracts of tea and coffee plantations that surround the SAAM’s Serviced Villa estates. Explore the abundance of flora and fauna found at Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary and visit Sulthan Bathery and Chembura Peak if you have the time. The name Sulthan Bathery comes from the time when Tipu Sultan used an abandoned Jain temple as a battery for his troops. The 10,000-year-old pictorial writings found in the Edakkal Caves are also worth the trip. For those looking for a quaint picnic spot, Lake Pookot lies in the vicinity.
Drive to and depart from Calicut Airport
Districts: Malapurram, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod
- Malappuram beaches (Malappuram)
- Historic Kovilakoms (Nilambur, Malappuram)
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary (ChitturTaluk, Palakkad)
- Silent Valley National Park (Mannarkkad, Palakkad)
- Nelliyampathy Hillstation (Nemmara Town, Near Palakkad)
- Malampuzha Dam (10 km from Palakad town, Palakkad)
- Attapady Village (Palakkad)
- Beypore Beach (Kozhikode)
- Beypore Lighthouse (Kozhikode)
- Pulimattu Bridge (Beypore, Kozhikode)
- Tea/Coffee Gardens (Rippon, Wayanad)
- Chembara Peak (Meppady Town, Wayanad)
- Boating at Banasura Sagar Earth Dam (21 km from Kalpetta, Wayanad)
- Kuruvdweep (17km from Mananthavady town, Wayanad)
- Boating at Pookot Lake (Wayanad)
- Wayanad Wildlife Reserve (Wayanad)
- Muzhappilangad Drive-in Beach (Kannur)
- Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary (Aralam, Kannur)
- Dharmadam Island (Thalassery, Kannur)
- St Angelo Fort (Kannur)
- Thalaserry Fort (Kannur)
- Kizhuna Ezhara Beach (Kannur)
- Bekal Fort Beach (Kasaragod)
- Backwater Cruise + Fishing (Nileshwaram, Kasaragod)
- Veliyaparambha Backwaters (46 km from Kasaragod Station, Kasaragod)
Please set "Project main image" option