Day 1: Arrival at Trivandrum Airport
Representatives from SAAM’s will receive you from the airport and transfer you to an associated resort. From your resort, transport will be arranged for you to go visit Trivandrum’s fabulous beaches and mineral springs. Peppara Wild Life Sanctuary, Neyyar Dam and Ponmudi (Golden Peak) are all worth visiting during your stay in Trivandrum.
Stay in Trivandrum for the night.
Day 02: Drive to Kollam after Lunch (Travel Time: 90-120 min.)
In Kollam, make sure you visit Ashtamudi Lake (‘Ashta’-eight, ‘mudi’- coned), as it is the gateway to Kerala’s backwaters. Other attractions around Kollam should include a walk along Kollam Beach, a trip to the Kottakal Edakkal Caves, Thenmala Dam Reservoir and the Palaruvi Waterfalls.
SAAM’s will arrange for you to stay the night in Kollam at an associated resort. Choose to stay the night either facing the ocean or along the shores of Lake Ashtamudi.
Day 03 and 04: Early morning drive to Alleppey on Day 3 (Travel Time: 90-120 min.)
Stop by at Lake Kayamkulam en-route to Alleppey. Board the SAAM’s Houseboat at Alleppey for a royal journey through Kerala’s famous backwaters. Once on the boat, relax and absorb the exquisite views whilst sitting in the lap of luxury aboard SAAM’s luxury Houseboat.
Stay on board the boat for two nights and disembark at Kumarakom in Kottayam District and be sure to have a picnic or go for a stroll along the shores of Lake Vembanadu.
Day 05 and 06: Drive to Periyar Tiger Reserve, Idukki on the morning of Day 5 (Travel Time: 240-300 min.)
Stop by at the Aruvikkuzhi Water Cascades before continuing on to Periyar.
SAAM’s will arrange for you to spend the next two nights at an associated resort near the Reserve. We will also arrange for your expeditions into the jungle on-request. Witness the wide variety of rare fauna and flora that resides in Periyar. Visit Thekkady and the Spice Gardens of Kumily if time permits.
Day 07 and 08: Early Morning drive to Munnar (180-200 min.)
Stop at the Idukki Reservoir Dam and National Park before continuing on towards Munnar.
For the next two nights, SAAM’s will arrange for you to stay at an associated resort in Munnar; a pretty hill-station nestled amongst the Western Ghats. The name Munnar is thought to be a derivation of the words ‘Three Rivers’ as the rivers Madhurappuzha, Kundali and Nallathanni all meet in Munnar. A day trip to Anamuddi Peak and the Powerhouse Waterfalls can be arranged on request. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is another spot nearby that is worth visiting.
Day 09: Drive to and depart from Kochi Airport (180-210 min.)
Drive to and depart from Kochi Airport
Districts: Trivandrum, Kollam, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam
- Varkala Beach (Trivandrum)
- Varkala Mineral Springs (Trivandrum)
- Kovalam Beaches (Trivandrum)
- Thiruvallam Backwaters (Trivandrum)
- Peppara and Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuaries (Trivandrum)
- Golden Peak: Ponmudi (Trivandrum)
- Palaruvi Waterfalls (Kollam)
- Ashtamudi Lake (Kollam)
- Thenmala Dam (Kollam)
- Kottukal Rock Cut Cave Temple (Kollam)
- Alleppey Backwaters (Alappuzha)
- Vembanad Lake (Alappuzzha)
- Aruvikkuzhi Water Cascades (Kottayam)
- Kumarakom Back Waters (Kottayam)
- East Shore of Vembanad Lake (Kottayam)
- MunnarHillstation (Idukki)
- Anamuddi Peak (Idukki)
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Idukki and Eravikulam Nat. Parks (Idukki)
- Spice Gardens (Kumily, Idukki)
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Thommankuthu and Power House Waterfalls (Idukki)
- Idukki Dam (Idukki)
- Elephant Camp (Ernakulam)
- Jew Town (Ernakulam)
- Chinese Fishing Nets (Ernakulam)
- Fort Kochi Beach (Ernakulam)
- Cherai Beach (Ernakulam)
- Vypin Island (Ernakulam)