Day 01: Arrival at Kochi Airport
Representatives from SAAM’s will receive you from the airport and transfer you to your hotel in Kochi. From your hotel, transport will be arranged for you to go visit Cherai Beach on Vypeen Island. In your own free time, roam about the streets of Kochi and make sure you visit Fort Kochi. Other places worth visiting include the Jew Town and the Mattancherry Synagogue. The synagogue, built in 1568, is the oldest amongst all active synagogues in the Commonwealth Nations. Other places worth visiting include the Chinese Fishing Nets and the Elephant Camp.
We will arrange for you to stay the night at a SAAM’s associated resort in Kochi.
Day 02 and 03: Early morning coastal drive to Alleppey (Travel Time: 90-120 min.)
Board the luxurious SAAM’s Houseboat once you reach Alleppey and prepare for a blissful voyage through the renowned backwaters of Kerala.
Stay aboard the ship in the lap of luxury for two nights and disembark at Kumarakom in Kottayam District. Be sure to have a picnic or go for a stroll along the shores of Lake Vembanadu.
Day 04 and 05: Drive to Munnar in Idukki District after breakfast on Day 4 (Travel Time: 210-240 min.)
Stop by at Thommankuthu Waterfalls on the way to Munnar.
For the next two nights, SAAM’s will arrange for you to stay at an associated resort in Munnar; a pretty hill-station nestled amongst the Western Ghats. The name Munnar is thought to be a derivation of the words ‘Three Rivers’ as the rivers Madhurappuzha, Kundali and Nallathanni all meet in Munnar. A day trip to Anamuddi Peak and the Powerhouse Waterfalls can be arranged on request. A drive to Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary can also be arranged on request.
Day 06 and 07: Early Morning drive to Silent Valley National Park in Palakkad (Travel Time: 360-400 min.)
Rather than driving for 6 hours straight, why not take a detour and stop at the Malampuzha Dam for a spot of lunch?
Once in Palakkad, we will arrange for you to stay two nights at a SAAM’s associated resort near Silent Valley National Park. The park is famous for being one of the last remaining tracts of tropical forest in the Western Ghats that remains undisturbed. Nelliyampathy is a hill-station that’s definitely worth visiting along with the Palakkad Fort. Other interesting locations include Pothundy Dam, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary and Attapady Village.
Day 08: Drive to Malapurram after breakfast on Day 8 (Travel Time: 150-180 min.)
Stay the night at a SAAM’s associated hotel on Malapurram’s coast. Try visiting Elambalai Hill and Port Beypore if you have the time. The Nilambur Kovilakom, Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary and Kozhikode Beach are all worth the visit as well.
Day 09: Departure
Depart from Calicut Airport
Districts: Ernakulam, Alappuzzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malapurram
- Elephant Camp (Ernakulam)
- Jew Town (Ernakulam)
- Chinese Fishing Nets (Ernakulam)
- Fort Kochi Beach (Ernakulam)
- Cherai Beach (Ernakulam)
- Vypin Island (Ernakulam)
- Alleppey Backwaters (Alappuzha)
- Vembanad Lake (Alappuzzha)
- East Shore of Vembanad Lake (Kottayam)
- Aruvikkuzhi Water Cascades (Kottayam)
- Kumarakom Back Waters (Kottayam)
- Munnar Hillstation (Idukki)
- Anamuddi Peak (Idukki)
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Idukki and Eravikulam Nat. Parks (Idukki)
- Spice Gardens (Kumily, Idukki)
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Thommankuthu and Power House Waterfalls (Idukki)
- Idukki Dam (Idukki)
- Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary (Peechi, Thrissur)
- Chimmony Wildlife Sanctuary and Dam (MukundapuramTaluk, Thrissur)
- Athripally andVazhachal Waterfalls (Thrissur)
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary (Chittur Taluk, Palakkad)
- Silent Valley National Park (Mannarkkad, Palakkad)
- Nelliyampathy (Nemmara Town, Near Palakkad)
- Malampuzha Dam (10 km from Palakad town, Palakkad)
- Attapady Village (Palakkad)
- Malappuram beaches (Malappuram)
- Historic Kovilakoms (Nilambur, Malappuram)