Day 01: Arrival at Calicut Airport
Representatives from SAAM’s will receive you from the airport and transfer you to your hotel. From your hotel, transport will be arranged for you to go visit Port Beypore, Kappad Beach and/or Kozhikode Beach.
SAAM’s will arrange for you to stay at a resort that either lies along the coast of Kozhikode or Malapurram.
Day 02 and 03: Early Morning drive to Silent Valley National Park in Palakkad (Travel Time: 180-210 min.)
Stop by Kanjirapuzha Dam en-route to Silent Valley National Park in order to capture some stunning views.
Once in Palakkad, stay two nights at a SAAM’s associated resort near Silent Valley National Park. The park is famous for being one of the last remaining tracts of tropical forest in the Western Ghats that has remained undisturbed. Nelliyampathy is a hill-station that is definitely worth visiting along with the Palakkad Fort. Other interesting spots include Pothundy Dam, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary and Attapady Village.
Day 04 and 05: Early Morning drive to Munnar in Idukki District on Day 4 (Travel Time: 300 min.)
For the next two nights, SAAM’s will arrange for you to be put up at an associated resort in Munnar; a pretty hill-station nestled amongst the Western Ghats. The name Munnar is thought to be a derivation of the words ‘Three Rivers’ as the rivers Madhurappuzha, Kundali and Nallathanni all meet in Munnar. A day trip to Anamuddi Peak and the Powerhouse Waterfalls can be arranged on request. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is another spot worth visiting.
Day 06 and 07: Early morning drive to Alleppey on Day 6 (Travel Time: 210-240 min.)
Climb onboard the luxurious SAAM’s Houseboat once you reach Alleppey and prepare for a blissful voyage through the backwaters.
Stay onboard in the lap of luxury for two nights and disembark at Kumarakom in Kottayam District. Be sure to have some lunch or go for a stroll along the shores of Lake Vembanadu.
Day 08: Drive to Kochi after breakfast on Day 8 (Travel Time: 90-120 min.)
SAAM’s will arrange for you to be dropped of at an associate hotel in Kochi for the night. From your hotel, transport will be arranged for you to go visit Cherai Beach and Vypeen Island. Be sure to explore Fort Kochi, the Jewish Town and the Mattancherry Synagogue. Other places worth visiting include the Chinese Fishing Nets and the Elephant Camp.
Day 09: Departure
Depart from Kochi Airport
Districts: Ernakulam, Alappuzzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malapurram
- Elephant Camp (Ernakulam)
- Jew Town (Ernakulam)
- Chinese Fishing Nets (Ernakulam)
- Fort Kochi Beach (Ernakulam)
- Cherai Beach (Ernakulam)
- Vypin Island (Ernakulam)
- Alleppey Backwaters (Alappuzha)
- Vembanad Lake (Alappuzzha)
- East Shore of Vembanad Lake (Kottayam)
- Aruvikkuzhi Water Cascades (Kottayam)
- Kumarakom Back Waters (Kottayam)
- Munnar Hillstation (Idukki)
- Anamuddi Peak (Idukki)
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Idukki and Eravikulam Nat. Parks (Idukki)
- Spice Gardens (Kumily, Idukki)
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Thommankuthu and Power House Waterfalls (Idukki)
- Idukki Dam (Idukki)
- Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary (Peechi, Thrissur)
- Chimmony Wildlife Sanctuary and Dam (MukundapuramTaluk, Thrissur)
- Athripally andVazhachal Waterfalls (Thrissur)
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary (Chittur Taluk, Palakkad)
- Silent Valley National Park (Mannarkkad, Palakkad)
- Nelliyampathy (Nemmara Town, Near Palakkad)
- Malampuzha Dam (10 km from Palakad town, Palakkad)
- Attapady Village (Palakkad)
- Malappuram beaches (Malappuram)
- Historic Kovilakoms (Nilambur, Malappuram)