Day 01: Arrival at Calicut Airport
Representatives from SAAM’s will receive you from the airport and transfer you to your hotel in Kozhikode. From your hotel, transport will be arranged for you to go visit Port Beypore, Kappad Beach and/or Kozhikode Beach.
We will arrange for you to stay the night at a SAAM’s associated resort in either Kozhikode or Malapurram.
Day 02 and 03: Early Morning drive to Chimmini or Peechi-Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuaries, both in Thrissur (Travel Time: 200-230 min.)
Stop by at the Athirapally and Vazhachal Waterfalls en-route to Thrissur.
SAAM’s will arrange for you to stay the next two nights at either Chimmini or Peechi Wildlife Sanctuary. Visits to the Peechi Reservoir and Chimmini Dam can be arranged on request.
Day 04 and 05: Early Morning drive to Munnar in Idukki District on Day 4 (Travel Time: 240-270 min.)
For the next two nights, SAAM’s will arrange for you to stay at an associated resort in Munnar; a pretty hill-station nestled amongst the Western Ghats. The name Munnar is thought to be a derivation of the words ‘Three Rivers’ as the rivers Madhurappuzha, Kundali and Nallathanni all meet in Munnar. A day trip to Anamuddi Peak and the Powerhouse Waterfalls can be arranged on request. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is another spot worth visiting.
Day 06 and 07: : Early morning drive to Alleppey on Day 6 (Travel Time: 210-240 min.)
Board the luxurious SAAM’s Houseboat once you reach Alleppey and prepare for a blissful voyage through the backwaters.
Stay on board the ship in the lap of luxury for two nights and disembark at Kumarakom in Kottayam District. Be sure to have a picnic or go for a stroll along the shores of Lake Vembanadu.
Day 08: Drive to Kochi after breakfast on Day 8 (Travel Time: 90-120 min.)
SAAM’s will arrange for you to be dropped of at an associated hotel in Kochi. From your hotel, transport will be arranged for you to go visit Cherai Beach and Vypeen Island. Be sure to go wander through the streets of Fort Kochi. Other places worth visiting include the Jewish Town and the Mattancherry Synagogue. The synagogue, built in 1568, is the oldest amongst all active synagogues in the Commonwealth Nations. Trips to the Chinese Fishing Nets and the Elephant Camp can also be arranged on request.
Day 09: Departure
Depart from Kochi Airport
Districts: Ernakulam, Alappuzzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malapurram
- Elephant Camp (Ernakulam)
- Jew Town (Ernakulam)
- Chinese Fishing Nets (Ernakulam)
- Fort Kochi Beach (Ernakulam)
- Cherai Beach (Ernakulam)
- Vypin Island (Ernakulam)
- Alleppey Backwaters (Alappuzha)
- Vembanad Lake (Alappuzzha)
- East Shore of Vembanad Lake (Kottayam)
- Aruvikkuzhi Water Cascades (Kottayam)
- Kumarakom Back Waters (Kottayam)
- Munnar Hillstation (Idukki)
- Anamuddi Peak (Idukki)
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Idukki and Eravikulam Nat. Parks (Idukki)
- Spice Gardens (Kumily, Idukki)
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary (Idukki)
- Thommankuthu and Power House Waterfalls (Idukki)
- Idukki Dam (Idukki)
- Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary (Peechi, Thrissur)
- Chimmony Wildlife Sanctuary and Dam (MukundapuramTaluk, Thrissur)
- Athripally andVazhachal Waterfalls (Thrissur)
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary (Chittur Taluk, Palakkad)
- Silent Valley National Park (Mannarkkad, Palakkad)
- Nelliyampathy (Nemmara Town, Near Palakkad)
- Malampuzha Dam (10 km from Palakad town, Palakkad)
- Attapady Village (Palakkad)
- Malappuram beaches (Malappuram)
- Historic Kovilakoms (Nilambur, Malappuram)