Day 01 and 02: Arrival at Mangalore Airport and then drive to Nileshwaram (Travel Time: 60-90 min.)
Representatives from SAAM’s will receive you from the airport and transfer you to the SAAM’s Eco-Boat in Nileshwaram. Stop by at Valiyaparamba Island on the way. The island is fed by four rivers and makes for an excellent view of the Arabian Sea.
Stay on-board the boat for the duration of your first two days. Enjoy the scenic beauty that Nileshwaram has to offer and succumb to the pampering provided by the staff on board.
Day 03 and 04: Drive to Kannur after breakfast (Travel Time: 60-90 min.)
Stop by at Mattul Beach for a break.
SAAM’s will arrange for your stay at an associated resort around Payyanur Beach in Kannur for two nights. Kannur is said to be a literal translation of the words ‘Land of Lord Krisha’ and is famous for its handloom industries and artwork inspired by local folklore. En-route to Payyanur, drive up the lovely coastal road and stop at any of Kannur’s beaches to witness the sun setting over the Arabian Sea. Some of the beaches include Kizhuna Ezhara Beach, Etikullam Beach and Thalaserry Beach. Other places recommended to be worth the visit include Dharmadam Island and St. Angelo’s Fort.
Day 05 and 06: Drive to Kuruvadweep (Travel Time: 160-200 min.)
Stay near Kuruvadweep for two days at a SAAM’s associated resort and go explore the surrounding areas. Various species of birds and flowers can be found in the dense evergreen forest found on Kuruvadweep. The Kakkayam Dam and Malabar Wildlife Sanctuary are worth looking into if you wish to go on a day trip. The Banasurasagar Dam is a must see along with the Kabini Water Reservoir both of which lie nearby.
Day 07 and 08: Drive to Wayanad (Travel Time: 60-80 min.)
Stay two nights in Wayanad and experience walking amongst the clouds. The SAAM’s Serviced Villas are located in the middle of large tracts of tea and coffee plantations that paint the landscape green. Explore the abundance of flora and fauna found at Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary and visit Sulthan Bathery and Chembura Peak if you have the time. The name Sulthan Bathery comes from the time when Tipu Sultan used an abandoned Jain temple as a battery for his troops. The 10,000-year-old pictorial writings found in the Edakkal Caves are also worth the trip. For those looking for a quaint picnic spot, Lake Pookot lies in the vicinity.
Drive to and depart from Calicut Airport
Districts: Malapurram, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod
- Malappuram beaches (Malappuram)
- Historic Kovilakoms (Nilambur, Malappuram)
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary (ChitturTaluk, Palakkad)
- Silent Valley National Park (Mannarkkad, Palakkad)
- Nelliyampathy Hillstation (Nemmara Town, Near Palakkad)
- Malampuzha Dam (10 km from Palakad town, Palakkad)
- Attapady Village (Palakkad)
- Beypore Beach (Kozhikode)
- Beypore Lighthouse (Kozhikode)
- Pulimattu Bridge (Beypore, Kozhikode)
- Tea/Coffee Gardens (Rippon, Wayanad)
- Chembara Peak (Meppady Town, Wayanad)
- Boating at Banasura Sagar Earth Dam (21 km from Kalpetta, Wayanad)
- Kuruvdweep (17km from Mananthavady town, Wayanad)
- Boating at Pookot Lake (Wayanad)
- Wayanad Wildlife Reserve (Wayanad)
- Muzhappilangad Drive-in Beach (Kannur)
- Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary (Aralam, Kannur)
- Dharmadam Island (Thalassery, Kannur)
- St Angelo Fort (Kannur)
- Thalaserry Fort (Kannur)
- Kizhuna Ezhara Beach (Kannur)
- Bekal Fort Beach (Kasaragod)
- Backwater Cruise + Fishing (Nileshwaram, Kasaragod)
- Veliyaparambha Backwaters (46 km from Kasaragod Station, Kasaragod)
Please set "Project main image" option